Being vegan is a choice and you always thrive to make the most out of your choice by choosing healthy fresh vegan lunch every time. It is difficult to stick to your decision in this exhausting lifestyle and to find food that is really rich in the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients which are necessary for the body. Let’s see what you have as a substitute for dairy and meat products that can be healthy and tasty.
A vegan diet contains only plants like vegetables, fruits, nuts, and fruits, and food with plants as ingredients. listed below are the plants which can alternate the dairy products, eggs, and meat to give sufficient nutrition to your body. We will discuss the easy vegan lunch ideas, perfect for working persons.
Healthy Vegan Diet:
- Meal based upon starchy carbohydrates like potatoes, rice, pasta and choose whole grain whenever possible
- Dairy substitutes such as soya drinks, tofu, and yogurts
- Pulse. Beans, lentils for protein
- Drink enough fluid
Calcium & Vitamin D Vegan Source
Calcium maintains healthy bones and teeth, while Vitamin D regulates the calcium and phosphate in our body. That keeps teeth, bones, and muscles healthy.
Vegan sources for Calcium
- Vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, and okra
- Fortified rice, soya, and oats
- Tofu and tempeh
- Sesame seeds and tahini
- Beans, pulse, lentils
- Dry fruits such as figs, raisins, prunes, and apricots
Vegan sources for Vitamin D
- Sunlight is the absolute source for Vitamin D, especially from late March to end of the September
- Fortifies unsweetened soya drink, breakfast cereals, fat spreads
Iron Vegan Source
Diet including iron helps to produce red blood cells.
- Pulses, nuts, dry fruits, and wholegrain bread and flour
- Fortified cereals with iron
- Dark green and leafy vegetables like watercress, broccoli, and spring greens
Vitamin B12 Vegan Source
Healthy blood and a healthy nervous system need vitamin B12, vegan has limited sources for the same.
- Take cereals in your breakfast it contains B12
- Try unsweetened soya drinks with vitamin B12
- Fortified Marmite, yeast extract is with vitamin B12
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Vegan Source
Diet including Omega-3 helps to maintain a healthy heart and lessen the risk of heart disease.
- Linseed/Flaxseed oil
- Rapeseed/Mustard oil
- Soya oil and food based on soya like Tofu
- Dry fruit Walnut
Delicious & Easy Vegan Lunch Ideas
We discussed the essential nutrition sources. Now let’s see how you can get all those nutritions with delicious and easy vegan recipes for lunch, which save your time, satisfies your taste buds, and fulfills your tummy too.
Hummus Buddha Bowl with Smoked Tofu
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Perk: healthy, delicious, quick, and full of flavor dish
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup rice
- 300g smoked tofu
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 handful lamb’s lettuce
- 1 small red onion
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tsp salt
Steps To Prepare:
- Cook rice with turmeric and salt in the water with the ratio of 1:2 rice to water. Let it boil and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on it.
- Dice the freshly smoked tofu. Fry it in the pan with olive oil for around 7 minutes
- Place finely sliced onion and washed lamb’s lettuce in a bowl
- In another small bowl mix the hummus, lemon juice, and water well.
- Assemble cooked rice and fried tofu in your bowl. Then drizzle the hummus toppings over it. season with black paper and salt if needed.
- Ready to dine!
Indulge smoky tofu and savory Buddha bowl. The combination of turmeric rice with hummus and smoky tofu makes a perfectly delicious and easy vegan recipe for lunch.
Chickpea Salad Bagel Sandwich
Vegan sandwich with toasted plain bagel, creamy texture of smashed chickpeas, and the crunch of lettuce, a perfect vegan bagel sandwich.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 gluten-free plain toasted bagels
- 50g chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon caper juice
- ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- vegan sriracha mayo
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- ½ cup romaine sliced lettuce
- Water and ketchup as needed
Steps to Prepare:
- Start with chickpea salad. Add chickpeas to a bowl and mash it.
- In another bowl assemble tahini, mustard, caper, ketchup, and lemon juice and stir together. Add a splash of water to get a thinner consistency. Use salt and pepper as per need.
- Add this ready-to-eat sauce to the mashed chickpea bowl. And mix well.
- Spread mayo on one slice of bagel and top it with salad, lettuce, and sliced onion. Put another slice of bagel with mayo.
- Ready to serve!
Vegan Banh Mi Sandwich
Satisfies your taste buds with its creamy cheesy texture and toasted baguettes. It is easy to cook and one of the best vegan lunch ideas on the go to serve fast.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- ½ red slices onion
- ½ small red cabbage
- ¼ cup white wine and rice vinegar
- ½ English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ginger lime hummus
- 2 carrots
- 1 handful cilantro to garnish
- 4 baguettes
- Vegan mayonnaise, to serve
Steps to Prepare:
- First, make pickled vegetables. Thinly slice cabbage around 2 cups and slice onion and cucumber thinly.
- Add thinly sliced veggies in a bowl and add white wine and rice vinegar, sugar, salt and stir it well. Let it rest while you prepare hummus.
- For the sandwich, peel the carrot into ribbons, slice the jalapeno pepper, tear up the leaves of the cilantro and slice the baguettes in half.
- Take a baguette piece for the bottom and spread hummus and top with pickled veggies, add some carrot ribbon, sliced jalapenos, and cilantro. Spread vegan mayo on the top baguette and serve!
Want to eat something tangy? Ramen can satisfy your taste buds for the same. It just takes keen preparation to chop veggies and a foodie mouth to gulp in.
Time takes: 20 minutes for preparation and cooking
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Finely sliced thumb-sized ginger
- 1½ tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 15g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 good-quality vegan stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g firm diced tofu
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp veg or sunflower oil
- 100g ramen or rice noodles
- 1 head pak choi, quartered
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced, separated white and green parts
- 25g ready-to-eat beansprouts
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- To Garnish: sesame oil, sriracha, finely chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, crumpled sheets of nori
Steps to Prepare:
- Take the saucepan and add the crushed garlic, ginger, miso, neri goma, mushrooms, stock, and soy. Let it simmer for around 5 minutes till the ginger gets soft. Strain it into a clean pan and discard the rest.
- Simultaneously cook tofu. Fry the tofu tossed into cornflour for a few minutes on each side.
- Cook the noodles for a minute and leave them in the pan.
- Add the white spring onions and pak of choi to the broth and for 1-2 minutes reheat until the greens get wilted.
- Take some noodles in a deep bowl, ladle over the broth and the veggies. Garnish with diced tofu, matchsticks carrot and ginger, green spring onion, and at last a drizzle of sesame oil and other toppings of your choice.
In the article, we have discussed which vegan food items can be consumed for most for the nutrients and the easy yummy ready-to-go vegan lunch ideas. Let us know in the comment box which one of the recipes you tried. If you know more about such lazy vegan recipes then spread your knowledge with your vegan friends in the comment box. For more such health & fitness tips from experts, you can visit Mainichi Coreal.